Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 to 14 minutes
Doses: 4 - 6 persons
- 1 pound dried bucatini or other long pasta (such as spaghetti or linguine)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Maçarico's Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 850g jar Maçarico's Sliced Green Olives
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shaved Parmesan or Pecorino cheese, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 1 minute less than al dente, 8 minutes or according to package instructions. Meanwhile, heat the butter and Extra Virgin Olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the Greend Sliced Olives and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta. Return the skillet to medium heat and add the pasta and the reserved pasta water. Simmer, tossing and stirring the pasta, until the pasta is al dente and the sauce thickens and coats the pasta, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the parsley and a few generous grinds of black pepper and toss to combine. Taste and season with more pepper and salt as needed (since the olives are already salty, you might not need to add any salt). Divide among shallow bowls, top with shaved Parmesan or Pecorino cheese if desired, and serve.
- Enjoy your pasta!